Search This Blog

Monday, August 27, 2018

The Church in Crisis--Sexual Abuse and the Grand Jury Report

The news reports on this horrific matter in our Church bring great sadness upon all of us who love our Church, love our faith, love our God so deeply.

Best response I've seen:

"I didn't come to the church for the bishops, so I won't leave because of them. Much of this is very understandable lashing out in rage, but there are a lot of people who really have lost faith because of it. I wish I knew what to say to them. My faith was never in men, so men can disgust me and let me down, but they can't take away what wasn't theirs to give." - Tom McDonald

And another good response from Bishop Robert Barron:

https://www.facebook.com/BishopRobertBarron/videos/2650607241631662

No comments:

Post a Comment